Sierra Nevada Brewery
Apply for a job
Get to know us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a craft brewery and the odds were stacked against him. This passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and started a beer revolution that is in full swing today. It turns out that a good beer can do a lot of good, and the Sierra Nevada has become a cornerstone of its innovation and concern for the Earth and its people. We are committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe that diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We continue to push the boundaries, whether in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or outdoors.
Get to know this role
The Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (EHSS) Manager will partner with Sierra Nevada management to develop and execute a comprehensive strategy across the organization that reduces risk, improves safety at all sites and events, engages employees and builds on our already positive safety culture. This key leadership position will have oversight of the development, implementation, measurement and improvement of standards, training and reporting to support the continuous improvement of our safety and security efforts. The EHSS Director is responsible for ensuring that all EHSS programs are effectively implemented and maintained, and that company operations comply with all relevant regulatory bodies; oversee and lead the efforts of EHS and safety teams. In addition, the position will reinforce and ensure adoption of Safety, Health and Environmental Management System requirements throughout the Sierra Nevada organization.
What will you do
- Develop, lead and execute the company’s strategy for exceptional safety through initiatives based on behavior, human organizational performance, personal responsibility and ownership of safety as a primary objective.
- Leader of the Enterprise Security and Risk Steering Committee. Performs and manages site risk assessments, site safety investigations and safety audits and provides recommendations for corrective actions.
- Manage, coach and develop EHS and Safety employees in our two breweries.
- Collaborates with management and functional teams to develop and implement safety programs, policies and procedures that instill a culture of safety with active employee involvement, strong leadership and teamwork.
- Maintain and improve security management systems, including identifying gaps, updating content and sharing methodologies. Ensure company security policies and procedures are applied consistently.
- Collaborates with HR and Legal on investigations and the development of security awareness training programs.
- Partners with Events and Communications: plans, coordinates and manages physical security coverage for key events in North America
- Develop, benchmark, maintain and measure progress against key performance indicators, while driving continuous improvement of safety and security plans, policies and best practices across the organization.
- Works with business leaders to identify and maintain emergency response teams and protocols, including evacuations and projects to promote preparedness and business continuity. Wand Liaisons works with local and federal law enforcement to ensure strong community partnership and emergency response.
- Workmen’s Compensation, General Liability and Motor Claims Supervision
Please apply if you have
- Bachelor’s degree required or
- Any combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been acquired and
- Master’s MBA or specialty certification in the subject; prefer
- 7 years of managerial experience required
- 9 years of experience in the required field
- Demonstrated expertise with outsourced SMEs, contractors, projects and relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage HQ and/or region wide projects
- Demonstrated technical depth and broad knowledge of security and management concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical risk assessment techniques
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions in stressful situations
- Ability to collaborate with functional counterparts within the organization from the early stages of planning and development to achieve goals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive and proprietary information
- Ability to negotiate with stakeholders to promote or sell ideas or concepts
- High level of professional competence and ethical integrity
Additional requirements to consider before applying
- You must be at least 21 years old to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- The selected candidate must pass a pre-hire and post-offer background check.
- Candidate can be based in Chico, CA or Mills River, NC
Before applying for this position, please review the full job description including physical requirements and work environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=3101
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for a job