Boulder, Colorado.—The Brewers Association (BA)—the nonprofit trade association dedicated to small, independent American brewers—announced its 2019 Board of Directors, adding three new representatives to the 19-person board.
Eric Wallace, co-founder and president of Left Hand Brewing Co. (Longmont, Colo.), remains chairman of the board for a second term. He has served on the Board of Directors in various capacities since 2011.
Newly elected Brewery Representative Leah Cheston, co-owner of Right Proper Brewing Co. (Washington, DC), joins re-elected packaging brewery representatives Leslie Henderson of Lazy Magnolia Brewing Co. (Kiln, Miss.) and Garrett Marrero of Maui Brewing Co. (Kihei, Hawaii).
New Board Member Jill Marilley has been nominated by the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) Board of Directors to fill the second of two seats on the AHA Board of Directors vacated by the Director. limited time Chris Frey. New board member Kevin Blodger, co-founder and chief brewer at Union Craft Brewing (Baltimore, Md.) and Larry Chase (brewery in planning) have been named by the BA Board of Directors as as general representatives. They replace outgoing board members Jim Koch (Boston Beer Co.) and Tom McCormick (California Craft Brewers Association).
“These are exciting and evolving times for craft brewers,” Wallace said. “Our job as board members is to ensure that we recognize the opportunities and address the challenges facing the industry with a strategic and unified voice. Each of us is honored to serve this community of which we are so proud to be a part, and we look forward to working on behalf of our members to provide them with the tools they need to succeed.
The 2019 Brewers Association Board of Directors consists of the following members:
(* indicates new board member in 2019)
- Chair – Eric WallaceLeft Hand Brewing Co., Longmont, Colo.
- Vice President – Dan KlebanMaine Beer Co., Freeport, Maine
- Secretary Treasurer – Larry ChaseBrewery in Planning, Talent, Ore.
- Past President – Rob ToddAllagash Brewing Co., Portland, Maine
- President and CEO of the Brewers Association – Bob Pease
American Homebrewers Association Board Members
- *Jill Marilley, Everett, Wash.
- Roxanne WestendorfCincinnati, Ohio
At-Large Board Members
- *Kevin BlodgerUnion Craft Brewing, Baltimore, Maryland.
- Larry ChaseBrewery in Planning, Talent, Ore.
- Larry Horwitzunaffiliated, Columbus, Ohio
- Jose MalleaBiscayne Bay Brewing Co., Miami, Florida.
Craft Brewery Board Members
- Tim BradyWhetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery, Brattleboro, Vermont.
- Sean Casey, Church Brew Works, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- *Lea ChestonRight Proper Brewing Co., Washington, D.C.
- Cyrena NouzilleLadyface Ale Company, Agoura Hills, CA.
- Julie VerattiDenizens Brewing Co., Silver Spring, Maryland.
Packing Brewery Board Members
- Leslie HendersonLazy Magnolia Brewing Co., Oven, Miss.
- Steve HindiBrooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, NY
- Dan Kleban, Maine Beer Co., Freeport, Maine
- Jean-MalletBell’s Brewery, Inc., Galesburg, Michigan.
- Garrett MarreroMaui Brewing Co., Kihei, Hawaii
- Wynne OdellOdell Brewing Co., Fort Collins, Colo.
- Rob ToddAllagash Brewing Co., Portland, Maine
- Eric WallaceLeft Hand Brewing Co., Longmont, Colo.
- AHA Governance – Roxanne Westendorf
- Brewery – Cyrena Nouzille
- The diversity –Julie Verratti
- Events – Leslie Henderson
- Executive – Eric Wallace
- Finance –Larry Chase
- Governance – Wynne Odell
- Government Affairs – Dan Kleban
- Market development -Garrett Marrero
- Public relations and marketing –Steve Hindy
- Technical – Jean-Mallet
“From regional craft brewers to two-barrel tasting rooms and everything in between, our members run the gamut in terms of size, scale and business model,” said Bob Pease, president and CEO of the Brewers Association. “The council reflects the breadth and changing landscape of our members and is there to ensure we meet the needs of the craft brewing community. I look forward to working alongside new and long-serving Board members to achieve our goals and priorities. »
The Board guides the strategic direction of the BA and governs the activities of the BA Professional Division, as well as the American Homebrewers Association, Brewers Publications, and BA events, including the Great American Oktoberfest®, Craft Brewers Conference® and BrewExpo America® and FLAVOR™: An American craft beer and dining experience.
Contact: Abby Cohen (on behalf of the Brewers Association) 646-695-7044
About the Brewers Association
The Brewers Association (BA) is the nonprofit trade association dedicated to America’s small, independent brewers, their beers, and the community of brewing enthusiasts. The BA represents more than 4,800 American breweries. The BA Independent Craft Brewer Seal is a widely adopted symbol that differentiates beers from small independent craft brewers. The BA organizes events including the
beer world cup®, Great American Oktoberfest®, Craft Brewers Conference® & BrewExpo America®, FLAVOR™: An American Craft Beer and Dining Experience, Homebrew Con™, National Homebrew Competition and American Craft Beer Week®. The BA publishes The new brewer® magazines, and Brewers publications® is the leading publisher of brewing literature in the United States. Beer lovers are invited to learn more about the vibrant world of craft beer at CraftBeer.com® and on homebrewing via BAs American Homebrew Association® and free Brewing Guru® mobile app. follow us on Facebook, Twitter and instagram.