This is a Sales and Promotion position for the Dust Bowl Brewery Co. Sales Department.
Commercial responsibilities for this position include facilitating beer sales by developing business relationships with key and new accounts onsite and offsite. Promotions responsibilities for this position include setting up and participating in on-site promotions, off-site tastings, craft beer festivals and other events.
Essential job functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Calls from existing on-premises accounts
- Build an agreed-upon account roster and maintain regular call frequency to existing on-site accounts to build strong relationships and increase sales rate of Dust Bowl brands.
- Non-on-site purchases
- Develop a list of agreed-upon no-purchase targets and schedule meetings with decision maker to sell in dust bowl brands to expand distribution and increase sales of dust bowl brands.
- Independent off-site
- Build an agreed roster of off-site independent accounts and maintain regular call frequency to build strong relationships, sell new brands and packages, and increase billboard activity.
- Chain Store Execution
- Leverage local chain stores to maximize the execution of authorized activity at the store level, including promotions, locations and displays.
- Wholesale Sales Team
- Build a strong network with wholesaler sales team (Team Leaders and Sales Reps) through daily communications and regular contact.
- Consumer sampling
- Sales skills
- Personal skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Communication skill
- Results oriented
- Customer/customer orientation
- Technical capacity
- Problem solving
- Organisational skills
- Team work orientation
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job works mostly in the field with minimal administrative time. The position uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a physically active role; however, some sedentary roles apply. This would require the
consistent ability to reach, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
Type of position/expected working hours
This is a regular full-time hourly position that will regularly require working 40 hours per week and has no set schedule and will include nights and weekends.
Travel is primarily within the assigned region during the business day, although some out-of-region and overnight travel is to be expected.
Training and experience required
Education is based on job requirements and in line with business needs.
Preferred education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in the beer industry preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with craft beer.
- Cicerone certification preferred.
Additional eligibility qualifications
- Must be 21 years old.
- Valid CA driver’s license.
- Current Motor Vehicle Report.
- Must live in or near the area.
- Full assessment online.
- Upon request, submit sealed official college transcripts.
Dust Bowl Brewing Co. offers competitive compensation packages that include comprehensive healthcare, 401(k),
growth potential and a challenging and challenging work environment.
Reporting to the Retail Sales Manager
Classification: Not exempt
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete list of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this work. Duties, Responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.