Apply for a job
Fremont Brewing’s full-time Events and Social Media Specialist is part of our small Events team and reports to the Director of Marketing and Events. The role of Events and Social Media Specialist is responsible for coordinating and staffing festivals, special events and curating content for social media. This job requires approximately 60% travel time and many evenings and weekends.
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to persons with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Events to coordinate and manage events to ensure a smooth setup and festival experience
- Manage pre-event logistics well in advance, including event registration, selecting and ordering beer, planning staff coverage, and communicating internally and between festival coordinators
- Represent Fremont at festivals and special events, always maintaining a professional and appropriate demeanor
- Engage with event attendees as they discuss our beers, Fremont history, and the overall Fremont beer philosophy
- Collaborate with Marketing & Events Manager to develop and execute new internal events, manage budgets, vendors, permits, etc.
- Maintain event storage area and equipment weekly
- Manage the internal events calendar and maintain all event data in shared project management software
- Research and identify potential new events, regularly reviewing all current events to determine if they are worth pursuing
- Keep the event summary spreadsheet up to date (budget, things to improve, etc.)
- Collaborate with the sales team to implement strategic and impactful events across our distribution footprint
- Carry out projects or tasks assigned by the Marketing & Events Manager
Social Media Responsibilities:
- Create, source and curate content and copy that supports marketing campaigns and aligns with Fremont’s visual identity and brand tone
- Manage social media calendar content through Sprout Social
- Unlimited creativity, social media obsession and attention to detail
Required Skills / Experience
- 2+ years of experience in event coordination/management or related experience
- 2+ years of experience managing social media for a business, organization or institution
- A passion for craft beer and an outgoing personality who enjoys connecting with people
- Strong computer skills (webmail, Microsoft Office suite)
- Video content curation and knowledge of editing tools
- Articulate and professional in written and verbal communication
- Excellent project management skills, highly motivated, detail oriented, organized, focused, professional and punctual
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and an overall great personality
- Ability to work onsite, travel and work nights and weekends as needed for events
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to a reliable car to transport event equipment
- Maintain a flexible schedule (evenings and weekends)
- Critical thinker with proven problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of the brewing process and draft systems
- Experience of serving and talking about craft beer
- A Class 12 server license (must be obtained within 14 days of hire)
- Beer server certified by the Cicerone program
- Ability to stand for long periods (8-10 hours)
- Ability to move heavy materials (lift up to 55 lbs, move up to 160 lbs)
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments
Fremont Brewing offers competitive compensation and benefits, a dynamic and rewarding work environment, and growth for dedicated and engaged employees.
Fremont Brewing provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, expression of gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, military status or political ideology. in any of its activities or operations.
Apply for a job