Large central brewing company
Apply for this position
JOB TITLE: maintenance supervisor
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
REPORTS TO: Factory manager
TYPE OF POSITION: Full time, hourly
The maintenance supervisor is responsible for ensuring the execution of a complete, timely and detailed maintenance program. The Maintenance Supervisor will maintain the preventative maintenance program and respond to daily maintenance issues in real time, including brewhouse, cellar, filtration, packaging, cooling, HVAC and lighting systems throughout the facility. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and will communicate regularly with suppliers, supervisors and members of the management team.
- Perform all necessary reactive maintenance throughout the facility
- Create and manage the PM program for the brewery
- Schedule and execute all scheduled maintenance
- Work with other department operators, supervisors and managers to work on efficiency and process improvement
- Team up with plant manager and vendor technicians for CAPEX and maintenance planning
- Build relationships with local vendors, technicians and vendors
- Creating and scheduling work orders
- Report work order completion during maintenance
- Guide/supervise service technicians regarding: daily/weekly planning/PM/reactive maintenance/process improvement
- Create training plans, SOP’s, 5S, department organization
- Facilitate reconciliation of employee issues, conflict resolution
- Arrange fact-finding meetings with employees when issues arise
- Create training plans for employees and operators to support a successful maintenance program
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or military training or trade school, or other related technical discipline.
- Minimum (3) years of plant maintenance experience with solid knowledge of electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, air compressors, chillers, boilers, water systems, building automation systems, wastewater systems and HVAC systems.
- Minimum (1) year of related experience in maintenance supervision in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and ability to repair hydraulic and pneumatic components including pumps, valves, cylinders and compressors.
- Knowledge and work experience in manufacturing and packaging automation, PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) and HMIs (Human Machine Interface).
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, diagrams and plans.
- Experience in documenting maintenance and repair activities. (CMMS) experience desired.
- Ability to obtain quotes, review contracts and negotiate goods and services favorably for the company.
- Proficiency in computer systems and applications, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), CMMS.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers as well as independently.
- Ability to correctly assess problems and provide appropriate and timely responses.
- Ability to perform equipment upgrades and improvements to optimize production with positive contributions to safety, quality, cost and service.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong planning, scheduling and time management skills.
- Ability to work and/or be available flexible hours including off-shift, weekends and holidays to support 24/7 brewery operations.
COMPENSATION: This is a competitive hourly position based on experience. Health, dental, 401k plan included. Annual and monthly welfare reimbursements, and parental leave.
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com with Maintenance Supervisor in the subject line.
Apply for this position