Left Hand Brewing Company is seeking an exceptional Head Brewer to join our independent brewery in Longmont, Colorado, located in the heart of the foothills and at the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. A passion for craft beer, with a desire to learn and grow as the business expands, is a must. The ideal candidate will have a natural leadership ability and be able to work well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude and staying focused on their task.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Builds strong team cohesion by being engaged, accessible and highly communicative. Enables and empowers each team member through the ability to listen, learn and coach.
- Embraces brewery-wide compliance programs and ensures compliance within the department.
- Ensures staff perform their duties effectively and use equipment in accordance with SOPs by providing training and monitoring to ensure accountability.
- Ensures that all department SOPs are up to date.
- Submits documentation of completed training programs to Human Resources.
- Review, approve and submit all department expense reports and invoices within required accounting deadlines.
- Maintains brewery and winery production schedule, communicates any changes and creates new production orders based on beer orders placed in Orchestrated Beer (OBeer). Creates, verifies and maintains the bill of materials (BOM) of the brewery and winery.
- Manages all aspects of personnel scheduling including but not limited to staffing appropriately each day, accommodating PTO demands, ensuring correct number of hours budgeted and not overtime.
- Acts as the main point of contact on any new equipment and/or processes during installation and commissioning in the brewhouse and cellar, and manages any special projects requiring entry into the cellar, including including but not limited to the keg program, Left Hand Brewing Foundation (LHBF) event beers, FVX projects, and
- Actively communicates all issues relating to brewery or winery operations to the Director of Operations (DOO), Laboratory Manager and Purchasing team.
- Ensures yeast management parameters are followed throughout the process.
- Engages all brewery staff in the development of new recipes, including the management and operation of the pilot system.
- Maintains and manages all phases of recipe development, including necessary updates in Orchestrated Beer.
- Provides ongoing training to fully certified employees as new equipment and processes come online.
- Collaborates with DOO on all programming matters.
- Works alongside L3s and Brewers on the floor at least 25% of the time, ensuring all SOPs/checklists are followed.
- Creates, maintains and oversees all aspects of the brewing/cellar certification program.
- Works with the Planning and Procurement Manager to maintain correct inventory levels for all material inventory for efficient production runs, including but not limited to anticipating needs, collection, delivery and tracking of lot numbers of all necessary ingredients.
- Ensures safe, clean and organized work areas and common use areas.
- Participates or delegates monthly inventories of all COGS and reconciles any discrepancies between OBeer and physical counts
- Oversees and manages brewery and winery budgets, as well as capital expenditure requests and submissions.
- Regularly analyzes all budgets to ensure appropriate spending.
- Identifies capital improvements to increase efficiency of team operations.
- Secures quotations/offers from suppliers if necessary.
We strive to thrive every day through our core values that define our culture and shape our approach to our customers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Proven experience as a Head Brewer or equivalent position, preferably 3+ years
- Ability to manage and lead the brewing team
- Excellent organizational, communication and management skills; must possess the ability to persuade, influence and build consensus among all parties
- Thorough knowledge of various business functions and principles (e.g. brewing, cellaring, packaging)
- Proven ability to multi-task in a constantly changing environment; ability to react flexibly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to lift 55-75 lbs and perform team lifting on heavier objects as needed. Ability to occasionally maneuver drums weighing 165 lbs, either solo or with a team member.
This is a full-time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, ESOP, paid time off and, of course, a beer. world class. We do not cover moving costs.
In keeping with our core value of embracing differences, we welcome diversity of thought, culture and background. We recruit, employ, train and compensate regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age , veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law.
We look forward to attracting diverse talent to join, stay, and do their best at Left Hand.
We are interested in finding the best candidate for the position. This candidate may be someone who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet all the qualifications listed.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation bracket: $75,000,000 to $85,000,000
Instructions for applying:
If you love hard work and interacting with people as much as you love craft beer, and you think you are qualified and a good candidate to work with us, please apply here: https://apply .jobappnetwork.com/lhbcareers/
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot accept emails, phone calls or Linkedin/social media messages regarding vacancies.
This Post Closes EOB, (6/10/22) (We reserve the right to close posts early).