Apply for this position
Founded in Chicago’s Logan Square in 2014, Maplewood Brewery & Distillery is Illinois’ first craft brewery and distillery. Maplewood is known for its perfected juicy IPAs, thick stouts, whiskey and multiple award-winning beers and spirits.
Maple wood design
Maplewood’s design team is dedicated to producing carefully crafted work crafted to complement the unique artisan recipes our production team creates so that our customers’ experience is complete.
We are proud of every decision we make and have a lot of fun doing it. We achieve this not only by developing the look of our beer and spirits brands, but also by developing our signage, sales materials and merchandise. We delight in the details. We are looking for designers who are driven and committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience in the collaborative world of craft beer and spirits.
Maplewood Brewery & Distillery is looking for a graphic designer with a passion for composition, color, typography and layout. Experience in print and electronic media essential. Applicants should possess a solid understanding of design elements/principles, creative visualization and have a strong desire to learn and grow as a designer.
Qualified candidates should be able to take written or spoken ideas and translate them into images, layouts and other design formats. Applicants must relish the challenge of aligning each unique design need with our established brand identity. Candidates will work closely with our Design Manager and across multiple departments to collaborate and turn ideas into beautiful, compelling designs that evolve our brand and inspire our customers about our craft.
- Creation of design materials, including but not limited to: branding, labels, signage, iconography, photography, packaging, merchandise, marketing and other sale.
- Clearly articulate design decisions and share your process where appropriate.
- Connect disparate elements of a design created by another professional, such as icons, photographs, and other components necessary for a design need.
- Work in a collaborative and relaxed environment, interacting with many different departments.
- Meet deadlines and be able to provide quick turnarounds.
- Work in an established design language.
- Receive ideas and art direction to formulate engaging and engaging design concepts.
- Solve complex design problems and present multiple concepts to consider.
- Prepare art files for printing: digital and flexo formats.
- Prepare art files for physical production (e.g. packaging or display design, etc.).
- Work with print vendors to achieve successful deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent experience/training in graphic arts.
- At least 1 year of design experience for print, web and/or digital design (freelance work during school accepted as experience).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; self-starter, comfortable working independently and collaboratively, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of information hierarchy, proportion/composition, type/grid relationships.
- Strong typographic skills.
- Curiosity, ingenuity and a desire to solve difficult design problems.
- Ability to work within existing design processes, refine and expand them.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS experience a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Benefits: health / dental / vision
- 401k at 3% match
- Paid vacation
- End of year performance bonus
This position is based in the Logan Square area of Chicago.
Apply for this position