Get to know us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a craft brewery and the odds were stacked against him. This passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and started a beer revolution that is in full swing today. It turns out that a good beer can do a lot of good, and the Sierra Nevada has become a cornerstone of its innovation and concern for the Earth and its people. We are committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe that diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We continue to push the boundaries, whether in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or outdoors.
Get to know this role
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for execution within key onsite and offsite accounts by increasing sales and market share through product distribution, display execution and promotion in their assigned area. This position will focus on a key area and will focus solely on the retail execution of the Sierra Nevada brands. The Regional Sales Manager will spend approximately 90% of their time in retail execution in North Georgia.
What will you do
* Tap into the existing account base in the area to gain new distribution, execute promotional activities and increase market share
* Solicit new business to increase volume/distribution/share in assigned area
* Identify retail opportunities and sell/execute those opportunities
* Ensure the proper merchandising of products and point of sale materials in the area and according to our brand standards
* Drive sales by maintaining/increasing shelf coverings and positioning
* Merchandise and service accounts to brand standards, including our Q/A measures – POS cleaning, stock rotation, code date verification, packaging repair/replacement, etc.
* Identify quality issues in the field and report them using appropriate procedures (Formstack forms, Keg Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)).
* Coordinate events and promotions to increase brand awareness and drive sales
* Organize staff trainings, beer tastings and other events as needed
* Execute monthly national account opportunities: onsite and offsite: secure displays, ensure beer placement, fill gaps, verify quality and POS support; Coordinate with the wholesaler on national account mandates; Provide feedback to National Accounts team on what is working in retail and challenges
* Occasional travel required, primarily to equipment manufacturers for Factory Acceptance Testing
Please apply if you have
* Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Marketing required or any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been acquired
* 2 years of B2B sales experience required and
* Previous sales experience in the alcoholic beverage industry preferred
* Thorough knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required
* Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company business plan objectives; including volume, distribution and profitability
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* In-depth knowledge of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. history, culture and products.
* Ability to interact with different levels of retail and wholesale management
* Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills
* Excellent sales skills
* Self-motivated and able to work with a limited amount of directives; ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals
* DL – Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations within the last three years upon hire required
Additional requirements to consider before applying
*Before applying for this position, please review the full job description including physical requirements and work environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2019
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer