$1000 Login Bonus + Full benefits – medical, dental, vision, retirement (within 90 days of start date)!
NOTE: Selected candidate may be offered Brewer Tech 1 or 2 depending on relevant experience and qualifications
Get to know us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a craft brewery and the odds were stacked against him. This passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and started a beer revolution that is in full swing today. It turns out that a good beer can do a lot of good, and the Sierra Nevada has become a cornerstone of both its innovation and its concern for the Earth and its people. We are committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe that diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We continue to push the boundaries, whether in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or outdoors.
Get to know this role
The Brewer Technician 2 efficiently operates and monitors Sierra Nevada’s state-of-the-art brewing systems to produce award-winning beers. Reporting to the Brewing Supervisor, the Tech 2 follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensures our beers meet quality standards. Brewery Technician 2 is responsible for using their in-depth knowledge of their area of responsibility (brewery, winery, filtrations or new products) to recommend changes and/or improvements.
What will you do
- Organizes materials and prepares for brewing according to established recipes and schedules
- Actively monitors brewing processes on manual and automated systems while maintaining quality standards and specifications and resolves issues in real time
- Responsible for product and equipment performance and reporting during shift
- Based on acceptable limits, reacts appropriately when limits are exceeded and reports anomalies to supervisor
- Follow all SOPs and best practices for brewing operations (brewery, cellar and filtration) in a safe and efficient manner; evaluates and recommends changes to practice or SOPs
- Maintains an organized, hygienic, and safe work area by cleaning up messes promptly after they are created, keeping tools in appropriate places after use, and sterilizing any items that may come in contact with the product immediately after use
- Performs CIP of brew vats, tanks, process lines, fermenters, centrifuges, filters and yeast edges, including assembly and disassembly of lines and process loops. Mixes and uses chemicals safely (use the correct chemical for the task, use cleaning equipment safely, safely carry buckets of chemicals)
- Performs basic maintenance and troubleshooting of processing equipment
- Makes light mechanical adjustments; manually or with small hand tools
- Communicates and works collaboratively with other departments (Quality, Packaging, Maintenance, etc.) as necessary to achieve department goals
Please apply if you have
- Degree/certificate in brewing or fermentation or any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities were acquired required
- 2 years of professional brewing experience required
- Full understanding of raw material handling, brewery operations, cellar management and filtration procedures
- Understanding of COP, CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques
- Understanding of terminologies specific to the beer making process
- The skill to quickly assess the status of operations and troubleshoot processes strongly desired
- Demonstrated ability to work with an automated process interface, as well as manual brewery operations is strongly desired
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while maintaining strong attention to detail is essential
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a cross-functional and cross-departmental team environment
- A demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and make critical decisions
- Ability to accurately follow SOPs
- Forklift certification within 60 days required
Additional requirements to consider before applying
- You must be at least 21 years old to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- The selected candidate must pass a pre-hire and post-offer background check.
- The selected candidate may be offered Brewer Tech 1 or 2 depending on relevant experience and qualifications
- The candidate must be able to work rotating shifts (day, swing, low). Shifts rotate monthly.
Before applying for this position, please review the full job description including physical requirements and work environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2052
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer