Get to know us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a craft brewery and the odds were stacked against him. This passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and started a beer revolution that is in full swing today. It turns out that a good beer can do a lot of good, and the Sierra Nevada has become a cornerstone of its innovation and concern for the Earth and its people. We are committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe that diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We continue to push the boundaries, whether in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or outdoors.
Get to know this role
The Technical Operations Manager will execute Can-Do co-manufacturing facility activities from installation, commissioning, PM, SOP and quality program development, and operator training. The primary objectives are to drive the execution of the installation of processing and packaging equipment within the co-manufacturing facility. Once operational, the Technical Operations Manager will focus on bringing all equipment online and training the personnel who will operate the new lines. Continuous focus on improving our processes and eliminating waste so that production schedules are met with yields and efficiencies at or above target levels will be the ongoing focus of the Technical Operations Manager. The Can Do operation encompasses beverage blending, pasteurization, packaging and warehousing. This position will report to the Can-Do Operations Manager.
What will you do
* Make sure employees are properly trained and understand job expectations. Certify operators to the current revision of instructional documents and document accordingly. Train a sufficient number of replacements for key positions. Maintain employee training records as required.
* Encourage and support improvements in manufacturing processes or methods. Recommend new methods and processes and keep abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
* Daily communications with planners and managers to schedule production to meet customer demands.
* Execute and maintain the installation, to achieve cost, quality and efficiency objectives.
* Working knowledge of equipment and process and working closely with support staff to identify and correct problems. Ensure equipment and tools are available to execute the production schedule.
* Assist in determining the most effective staffing levels for the area of responsibility. Issue and update daily production schedules.
* Suggest, support and implement cost and continuous improvement items. Ensure productivity and cost targets are met.
* Maintain and adhere to all safety and service procedures. Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Communicate issues to appropriate leaders.
Please apply if you have
* 5 years of experience in a consumer packaging manufacturing environment required
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing, desired.
* Knowledge of industrial automation, desired.
* Knowledge of maintenance and industrial mechanics, desired.
* Ability to create SOPs and good technical writing, desired.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to collaborate with peers and cross-functional teams
* Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
* Ability to take ownership and initiative to perform tasks beyond mission specific tasks
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task while maintaining strong attention to detail
Additional requirements to consider before applying
* You must be at least 21 years old to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
* Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment and post-offer background check.
Before applying for this position, please review the full job description including physical requirements and work environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=3128
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer