Get to know us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a craft brewery and the odds were stacked against him. This passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and started a beer revolution that is in full swing today. It turns out that a good beer can do a lot of good, and the Sierra Nevada has become a cornerstone of its innovation and concern for the Earth and its people. We are committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe that diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We continue to push the boundaries, whether in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or outdoors.
Get to know this role
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for achieving our business plan goals by executing both at retail and through their respective wholesaler network. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for their assigned wholesalers, focusing on volume and distribution goals, wholesaler leadership and retail execution. This position will provide wholesaler management responsibilities to 22 wholesalers in Missouri and Kansas. The Territory Sales Manager will spend the majority of their time in the St. Louis and Kansas City metro markets.
What will you do
* Build partnerships with strategic accounts, both onsite and offsite
* Engage existing account base in territory to gain new distribution, execute promotional activities and increase market share in their assigned territory
* Build and maintain a positive relationship with new and existing accounts through consistent communication, diligent attention to account needs, and reliable service
* Solicit new business to increase volume/distribution/share in assigned territory
* Identify retail opportunities and sell/execute those opportunities
* Ensure the proper merchandising of products and point-of-sale material in the territory and according to our brand standards
* Drive sales by maintaining/increasing shelf coverings and positioning
* Merchandise and service accounts, including our Q/A measures – POS cleaning, stock rotation, packaging repair/replacement, etc.
* Identify quality issues in the field and report them using appropriate procedures (Formstack forms, Keg Return Merchandise Authorization RMA)).
* Coordinate events and promotions to increase brand awareness and drive sales
Please apply if you have
* 2 years wholesale/vendor management experience required
* Previous experience managing wholesalers/suppliers in the alcoholic beverage industry preferred
* Thorough knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required
* Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company business plan goals, including volume, distribution and profitability
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* In-depth knowledge of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. history, culture and products.
* Ability to interact with different levels of retail and wholesale management
* Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills
* Excellent sales skills
* Self-motivated and able to work with a limited amount of directives; ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals
* DL – Driver’s license free of any major moving violations within the last three years when hired required
Additional requirements to consider before applying
*Before applying for this position, please review the full job description including physical requirements and work environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2335
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer