Apply for a job
Summit Brewing Company is a regional craft brewery in St. Paul, Minnesota that is seeking a Director of Marketing to manage the day-to-day functions of our Marketing Creative Team in conjunction with the Director of Marketing. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished alcoholic beverage marketing leader who possesses strong creative, analytical and communication skills. Is exceptionally organized, efficient, flexible and driven, and loves craft beer. They will be responsible for helping to grow Summit’s brands, setting and achieving internal goals, identifying opportunities and analyzing results. They must be able to take direction when given and take ownership and take action when necessary. Above all, the candidate should thrive being part of a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while being able to adapt quickly, maintain composure under pressure while instilling same to his team. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS:
- Manages the daily functioning of the marketing team, ensures smooth and efficient workflow, creates holistic and efficient multi-channel work.
- Organize and direct a marketing team and its resources to meet the day-to-day marketing needs of the business.
- Manage various marketing functions of the team which may include but not limited to brand, content, graphic design, packaging, advertising, digital/social, SEO/paid media, public relations, etc
- Oversee packaging design and development of marketing assets through active collaboration and contribution to reviewing, editing, providing feedback and changes, and approvals, development of content and artwork from the internal team to ensure all deliverables communicate the right message and are on brand.
- Provide clear creative direction to the marketing creative team that results in compelling and consistent deliverables.
- Manage overall project activity to ensure all deliverables are met and success criteria are identified; document decisions/dependencies/risks and ensure projects are completed on time and within scope.
- Maintain consistent branding/standards across all Summit brands, promotional materials, merchandise, etc.
- Main point of contact for internal customers initiating work within the marketing department or checking the status of work already in progress.
- Manage the execution of online media strategies and campaigns focusing on SEO, paid advertising, display advertising and our presence on social media platforms.
- Monitor competitive activity, assess consumer trends and follow the market to identify opportunities for growth and development of Summit brands and present regular reports/information/recommendations to the Marketing Director.
- Maintain and adhere to internal budgets as provided by the Marketing Director. Responsible for tracking invoices and expenses against said budgets and reporting regularly to the Marketing Director on the tax situation.
- Provide clear direction to the team of direct reports regarding execution plans and expectations to ensure the team stays on track and meets deadlines while keeping stakeholders informed. Communicate marketing plans, concepts and needs to team members to successfully fulfill their role and contribute to the success of the business.
- Lead, coach, develop and inspire, as well as train and provide ongoing and annual performance reviews of the direct reports team. Able to give constructive, actionable and inspirational feedback.
- Adheres to all Summit policies, processes and standards to maintain a safe and welcoming work environment for self, colleagues, vendors, partners and guests.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or special projects may be assigned, at any time with or without notice by the Marketing Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 8+ years of experience in a marketing leadership role in the alcoholic beverage industry, with at least 4 years in a leadership role leading a group of 4 or more marketing creatives is required. Experience in the craft beer industry highly valued.
- Experience in managing the creative process within a creative team.
- Degree in Marketing, Management or related field strongly preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Extensive experience in leading fundamental brand strategies / brand architecture / brand objectives.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Possess a strong focus on results, an insatiable appetite for finding better ways of doing things, and the ability to inspire those around you to do the same.
- Understand and balance the needs of distributors, retail partners, and consumers, as well as Summit’s brand equity and business priorities, to maximize marketing effectiveness.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of marketing, communications and advertising, the beer industry, the three-tier system and alcohol industry marketing trends.
- An exceptional creative eye and the skills to effectively communicate creative direction to a creative team.
- Strong analytical, written, oral and organizational skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, be resourceful and act independently when needed.
- Cultivate strong internal and external partnerships to support short and long term goals.
- Effective communication, presentation, follow-up, administration and organizational skills. Ability to create and deliver presentations to various groups, both internal and external, as required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, other marketing-related software and tools, and Microsoft 365 Business Suite.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with colleagues, extended marketing and sales team, other company employees, suppliers, wholesalers, retailers, end consumers and external organizations.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with respect to all business activities, marketing and sales initiatives and brewery projects.
- Able to remain seated for the duration of the shift, up to eight hours.
- Able to work in typical office conditions and quiet to moderately noisy environments, as well as typical manufacturing environment conditions (cool, warm or hot, humid or wet, etc.) and moderate to noisy.
- Able to frequently push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 10 lbs and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
Please include a PDF of your cover letter and resume when applying. Moving assistance is not provided.
Apply for a job